Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Logan will be 5 mos old this Friday... can you believe it?

I can't.

He is starting to crawl backwards, starting to play, and starting to eat real meals everyday. It is just incredible how fast they grow at this age.

He loves to laugh, and he smiles at everyone. When I first pick him up after a nap or something I give him kisses and he will grab my face and "kiss" me, which means that he slobbers all over the side of my face, but I love it. It is so endearing!

He has the most amazing expressions. His eye brows set the tone for his face and they can make him have any expression that a grown person can have. It reminds me very much of the baby that plays Elora Dannon in Willow. She had the most amazing expressions and I remember saying that she couldn't have possibly been as young as she was in the movie. And now I have a baby that can do the same thing.

He is SO sweet, but a bit of an attention hog. He will screech at you if you do not see him and he esp likes screeching at me. Most of the time it is super sweet now (except at 3 in the morning) but I can just imagine being upset about it at a grocery store when he is 2. *sigh*

He is happiest when he is in someones arms or in the sling. He likes to look and touch and hold everything. Cyan and Alex were not this curious at this age, but it didn't take long, so I am guessing he is just a bit ahead of the game. We are about to start baby proofing... amazing that we will need to so soon, but with him already crawling backwards, it won't be long before he figures it out and is totally mobile.

He loves toys. He has a few that I collected from since before he was born, and he will play with all of them. His favorites are his teething ring doll and the two in the pictures above (his string and block shape thingy, and his baby Einstein classical music and light up toy).Has a great sense of himself and what he wants, he always goes to sleep pretty easy as long as I don't keep him from his schedule.

He is such a joy.

No comments: