Saturday, June 30, 2007

Adventures of June 28th ~ A day in the life of Val and Sarah and all the kids... Or maybe not.

I was cleaning out the dryer vent... quite a straight forward deal right? Yeah, I lost the neighbors shop-vac attachment INSIDE the house... like inside... as in about 4 feet from either side within the venting. I couldn't reach it, Alex couldn't reach it... but heck. It was terribly interesting, so I took a picture:
My friend Sarah came over then, and had the brillant idea of taking my garden hose and shoving it through the house side of the vent and as it pushed through, Alex grabbing the hose attachment from the other side. And we triumphed! It came close enough to the other side for Alex to grab it with his skinny arms and YAY! Success.

While Alex was down there they found a dead Possum!!!! Described by Alex it was complete with grey nose, long tail, and nasty 'glowing' red eyes. All 5 kids were freaking out... Alex now had an audience of 4 younger children, all waiting for what he was going to do.

as he was trying to figure out what it was and how to get it out. I asked him if he was brave enough to go get it with a plastic bag. He said he was and Cyan piped up with "I AM GOING TOO!!" They started getting dressed up to go under the house to retrieve the dead critter:


My sweet unique girl... I don't know a girl alive that would volunteer for large dead rodent removal.

That gets cleaned up and the kids come back, announcing that the dead possum, complete with red eyes, was actually a HUGE PEICE OF DRYER FLUFF! Panic evaded, we decided to put the house back together and get on with our day.

No comments: